SG Smith Group complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 when dealing with all data received from visitors to the site.
We only hold the data necessary to offer services provided on our website.
Data is only used for the purposes described in our entry on the Data Protection Register.
We only hold personal data for as long as necessary. Once data is no longer needed it is deleted from our files.
For administrative reasons email subscription data may be passed to and stored securely with third party service providers located outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
We regularly email website news and information updates to those customers who have specifically subscribed to our email service. All subscription emails sent by us contain clear information on how to unsubscribe from our email service.
We never sell, rent or exchange mailing lists.
We may however share commercial and technical data with our partners where a customer has accessed and used our website via a site belonging to one of our partners. However, such information will also be subject to our partners’ privacy policies.
If you subscribe to our email service via a partner site, that partner may wish to send you details via email of other products and services, which may be of interest to you. However when you subscribe directly to our email service you will be asked whether or not you wish to receive such emails.
In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, we never send bulk unsolicited emails, (popularly known as Spam) to email addresses.
We may send emails to existing customers or prospective customers who have enquired or registered with us, regarding products or services directly provided by us.
All emails sent by us will be clearly marked as originating from us. All such emails will also include clear instructions on how unsubscribe from our email service and any future emails. Such instructions will either include a link to a page to unsubscribe or a valid email address to which you should reply.
Last updated 1st November 2008
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Use and Sales
1. Our Website
3. Product Pricing and Title
1. Our website
1. Your use of this website and any service contained within constitutes acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. You acknowledge that "S G Smith", sgsmith.co.uk, sgsmith.com and the "SGSmith" logo are trademarks of the S G Smith Group and that you may not use them without written permission from the S G Smith Group.
2. S G Smith Group makes every effort to ensure that the content on the Website is accurate and will endeavour to make the Website available at all times, but we neither assume responsibility for, nor accept any liability in relation to, any technical inaccuracies or typographical errors and omissions on the Site and do not guarantee that the Website and the content will operate without interruption. S G Smith Group excludes any liability for any errors and omissions on the Website or any loss caused by the use of or inability to use the Website.
3. Other than those contained in these Terms and Conditions, and your statutory rights, S G Smith Group does not give any warranties in respect of the Website or content or the products or services available through the Website and makes no representations as to the fitness for a particular purpose of any products or services available on the Website. S G Smith Group does not accept liability for any consequential or incidental damages (including but not limited to lost profits) or for any other indirect, special, or punitive damages whatsoever that arise out of or are related to the use of the Website or the purchase or use of any products or services from the Website.
4. All photos, drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising appearing on the Website are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Vehicles described in them. The Vehicle models pictured and described on the Website are illustrative of the model generally, and may include optional extras, and should not be taken as representing the exact Vehicle you may choose. Should you decide to purchase a Vehicle, you should review the exact Specifications contained in an order as obtained from the relevant dealership, as these will form the precise description of the Vehicle you are purchasing.
5. S G Smith Group may wish to change these Terms and Conditions (including those relating to your use of the content) at any time and without notice to you. By using the Website following any changes to the terms, you agree to be bound by those changes.
6. The display of vehicles on the Website and/or any quotation given by us to you on the Website in respect of any Vehicle shall not constitute an offer by us to sell or supply any Vehicle and prior to the signature by you of an order form at a dealership, we reserve the absolute discretion to refuse to accept any order request from you, or to refuse to sell or supply any Vehicle to you, without the need to provide any reason therefore.
2. Any personal information we take may be processed, by us, for the purposes of checking your credit record with any credit reference agencies and for fraud prevention purposes (which will include the supply of your Personal Information to third parties for such purposes) should you decide to apply for finance.
3. Product Pricing and Title
1. We reserve the right to alter all product pricing without notice.
2. Title in any products that you purchase from one of our supplying dealers does not pass to you, the purchaser, until we have received and processed a valid final payment, and that payment has been made into our own bank account.
3. Where fees are applied, particularly in the case of credit cards, these will be passed onto you in addition to the Price, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Where payment is made by credit or debit card the relevant consumer and credit legislation will apply. We may perform a validation check and authorisation check with the card issuer and reserve the right to refuse your order where the card issuer refuses to authorise payment or where we have any other legitimate concerns about your payment.
4. If you require assistance with financing of a vehicle, we will discuss your options and arrange a contract to suit your needs. These services are optional and will be subject to status and approval.
1. S G Smith Group, grants you a license to access the content, information and services contained within our website for personal use only.
2. This license allows you to download and cache (using your browser) individual pages from our website.
3. This license does not allow you to download and modify individual pages or substantial parts of our website nor to make our website available via an intranet, where our website or a substantial part of it is hosted locally on the intranet in question.
4. Our website design, layout, content or text cannot be copied, edited or otherwise manipulated without our express prior written permission.
5. Our website cannot be placed within the frame-set of another site.
6. Third parties are not allowed to "deep link" to pages within our website, without our express prior written permission. All links (unless expressly permitted by us) should be to the main index page of our website. Furthermore, the content of such links, whether graphic or text should not be misleading, false, derogatory or in any other way offensive.
7. The restriction on "deep linking" does not apply to affiliate partners who wish to send customers directly to a particular page or product in order to increase their affiliate sales.
1. All content, databases, graphics, buttons, icons, logos, layouts and look & feel are the copyright of the S G Smith Group, unless expressly acknowledged as otherwise.
2. The data mining, extraction or utilisation of product information from our website is not permitted without our express prior written permission.
1. The foregoing paragraphs, sub-paragraphs and clauses of these Terms & Conditions shall be read and construed independently of each other. Should any part of this agreement or its paragraphs, sub-paragraphs or clauses be found invalid it shall not affect the remaining paragraphs, sub-paragraphs and clauses.
1. Failure by S G Smith Group to enforce any accrued rights under these Terms & Conditions is not to be taken as or deemed to be a waiver of those rights unless we acknowledge the waiver in writing.
1. These Terms & Conditions shall be interpreted construed and enforced in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
2. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
Our contact details are as follows:
SG Smith Group
414 Purley Way
Telephone: 0844 939 6759
International: +44 20 8686 8844
Last updated 1st November 2008